Valley Isle Produce was established in 1951 by founder Roy
Okumura and initially served Maui County with fresh produce. Since 1962, the company remains focused on broad line distribution. Our
company is privately held, family owned and preserves the best of our heritage while evolving to meet the growing needs of Mauiís
Journey back in time and see how our company has grown to become the market leader for Maui County.
1967- Joined National Institutional Food Distributors Assoc. (NIFDA)
1969- Moved to Amala Place location where a 50,000 square foot freezer and warehouse facility was built.
1979- Computerized sales, accounting and operation systems.
- Changed our name from Valley Isle Produce to VIP Foodservice to reflect our commitment to the foodservice industry.
- Acquired the only commercial egg farm on Maui- Maui Fresh Eggs.
- Built our Cash Ní Carry Warehouse store.
- Joined ComSource as NIFDA merged with another food distributor cooperative.
1988- Added non-food products to offer ďone stopĒ shopping convenience.
1995- Approved as a Certified Angus Beef Distributor for the Islands.
1996- Completed new 78,000 square foot state-of-the-art distribution facility.
- Joined Unipro Foodservice member as ComSource merged with another food distributor cooperative.
- Expanded our Cash Ní Carry Warehouse store
2000 to Present
2001- Celebrated our 50th anniversary
- Implemented a truck routing and tracking system.
- Launched online order entry.